i finally had some time to sew clothes for the happy toddler. he needs more summer-weight pajama pants, so i used the pajama pants pattern from sewing for boys. the first pair i made were e-nor-mous! i had to roll the cuffs up four times, even after i’d hemmed and cuffed them as instructed, just so he wouldn’t trip on them. this is the second pair that i made from a thrifted sheet. i folded the pattern hem up four inches and also tried folding the middle over a bit to reduce the width of the legs.
shortening the pants worked just fine. reducing the width made the waistline too small to fit over a big diaper butt, so i took a cue from the big butt baby pants pattern and added a u-shaped piece of fabric to the backside. perfect!